Friday, December 18, 2009

Todays Visit to the Vets Office with Desi

Well this morning I took Desi to the vet to have an x-ray to see how many puppies we should expect to deliver. Unfortunatly, the puppies were bunched up and the center of her belly was dark and cloudy so we couldn't tell an exact #. From what we could see .... Vet #1 say atleast 5, Vet #2 says atleast 6 and I say I think there is 7. Now remember the center of the x-ray is dark and cloudy so there might be even more.
The reason I do x-rays is more then just to find out how many puppies. I get to see the skull size of the puppies to make sure no one is to big to be delivered. It also lets me know the position of the puppies. In Desi's case the puppies are bunched up but the first little one is the important one. My vet is VERY concerned on it position. That puppies is laying cross wise in front of the Exit Door. :0( So we have a C-Section scheduled for Christmas Eve. But if her temp drops sooner then that I will just take her in for the C-Section.

2 comments:

  1. Poor chubby girl. I hope it goes well with the csection, but maybe just maybe that pup will move into place sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck...have you in my prayers for an easy delivery for Ms. Desi. Keep us posted. Hugs to all! :)

    ReplyDelete